Sunday 23 April 2017

Information about James Bowman

Last year, I found George Wenman’s account of his life at Natland Home for Waifs and Strays on your website.

Oh, how I wish I had been able to contact George Wenman - he must have known my brother James Bowman while James was living at Natland.

This is probably also a very accurate outline of the kind of life that James experienced while he lived in Natland. It bears a surprisingly close resemblance to my own experiences in St Hughes Home for Boys in Lincoln, from 1940 until 1946.

James stayed at Natland from 1942 until 1953, when he was 15 years old. He was sent to work on farms in Yorkshire.

The home in Natland was closed in 1994. If anyone would like more info please contact me.

Bill Bowman (born in Penrith in 1935)

Regards,
William Bowman | william.bowman@sympatico.ca