Wednesday 14 March 2012

Garden Wanted for Bees

Keith Jackson writes:

I am looking for somewhere in Natland to put one of my beehives. A quiet corner of a garden would be ideal, and away from children! Bees will live happily in our gardens, being far too busy to bother with us as long as they are left alone. Domestic animals quickly learn not to be too inquisitive. In terms of maintenance I would need to check the hive about once a week during the summer months. I would be delighted to pass on any knowledge if you were interested in learning a little about bees, and of course I have the necessary public liability insurance cover for the hive.

If you are a keen gardener and want to make sure everything gets pollinated then this might be a useful addition to your garden, and in the autumn hopefully enjoy a couple of jars of honey made from your own flowers. It is also believed that locally produced honey can help with hay fever because it is made from the same sources that bring on such attacks.

If you are interested, please call me on 015395 61166,  email - keithandtina.jackson@btinternet.com

Keith Jackson
Rose Cottage
Helm Lane
Natland