Sunday 19 June 2011

Trace My Family - Help Found

The Natland News posting on 9th June included a request from Eileen Welch from Donegal.  Eileen was trying to trace her family.  A rapid response came from Natlander - Steve Sharpe:


Steve Sharpe at Village Fete 1954
I read your message to Natland News this morning with some interest. I can vaguely recall your family living on the Green here from when I was VERY young, and in particular recall the sad loss of your relation. I can always remember my Mum & Dad showing me his grave in St Marks Church, and remember how sad it must have been being so young.

With that in mind I went down this morning and took a picture of the stone, I hope you don't mind, and a couple of shots of the house on the Green. Perhaps the dates etc will assist you in your search..??

As I said, I was very young being born in 1951, but my elder sister Geraldine Watson (nee Sharpe) might be able to remember more about your family, so I have copied her husband Raymond into this mail.

I grew up in Natland and was a choir boy in the church from the age of 5 to about 14 I think..?? So I have many happy memories of growing up here. We moved back to the village last year, and are enjoying our (partial) retirement .

Another lady who may also have more information about your family is called Dora Bianchi who lived next door to me on Park Close in the village..?? I know she is a contributor to the Natland site, so if this reply is acknowledged by our editors, they may have a contact E mail address for her.

Hope this helps a little, good luck with your search.